3D Printing Workshop
3D PRINTING WORKSHOP FOR AGES 9-14
Venue: Jxtapose, Jubilee Hills
Jxtapose, 587, Rd Number 32, Aditya Enclave, Venkatagiri, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana 500033 https://goo.gl/maps/j484sNheZZs
Dates: 19th & 20th January, 2019
Price: INR 6000
This two day workshop aims to give you an intense exposure to a technology that will be seen everywhere soon. Why not be the early adopter?
This is a beginners program. NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
Lunch, snacks and all the workshop materials on us.
Come with an open mind, and leave with some great learning and an experience of a lifetime!
About this camp
Conceptualise, model, print. Take part in the 3D printing revolution.
What happens in this camp?
Learn everything you need to know about 3D Printing and do real-time printing in this two-day hackathon. Conceptualise and design a 3D model that can solve a real problem you face in your everyday life. Make it print ready using a 3D modeling software. Print it out using a 3D printer, take it home and put it to use!
Why should I take up this camp?
3D printing is no longer just a “new and upcoming technology”. Printing of houses, aircraft parts and food are becoming mainstream. This technology is set to revolutionise manufacturing, supply chain and logistics. 3D printing is also heavily being used in education to teach engineering design, 3D modeling and foundations of 2D and 3D geometry.
● 3D printer - how it works
● 3D printer - how to use it to print functional models
●3D Modeling Software : User interface, layout and functions
●3D Modeling Software: 3D modeling, scaling, orientation
● Scaling Software: Resolution, scaling, duplication, rotation
● Math: 2D and 3D geometry
● Critical Thinking - Can I make the correct judgements that put together the different strengths of my team to conceptualise a 3D model, create a 3D representation on a software, and print it out using the capabilities of the 3D printer given to me?
● Communication - There will be no final product without discussion and negotiation
● Collaboration - It takes a strong team go through the entire process of designing and printing a 3D model
● Decision Making - What is my 3D model solution to an everyday problem? How should it look like?
● Time Management - How can we conceptualise, design a realistic 3D model, make it ready for 3D printing and print it out in 6 hours?
Leo&Mike is a new-age learning company that functions on age-old wisdom. We create interdisciplinary, project-based and problem-based learning programs for 4 to 14 year old children. Our core pedagogies are experiential learning and iterative design thinking. Leonardo Da Vinci & Michelangelo are our patron saints. We combine curiosity and a deep understanding of human nature and the world around us to create world-class learning programs that cut across science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics. Add in a dash of fun and a lot of wonder – and you have Leo & Mike!
587, Rd Number 32, Aditya Enclave, Venkatagiri, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana 500033, India